9 steps for successful deployment of your intercompany reconciliation software
When you’ve decided to acquire a software to improve your intercompany reconciliation process, a successful deployment of it is crucial. In this article, we list some keys to making this project a success.
We recommend that you set up a change management plan, with emphasis on the internal promotion of the project, so as encourage the entities to want the product. The following steps can help:
Announcement to the entities: inform the entities about the project, the challenges it addresses and the expected benefits.
Send a question list to the entities to gather for each entity or reporting unit the information necessary to build the conversion tables and the source files structures.
Technical Installation of the interco reconciliation software.
Training of the administrator and the key users at the parent company.
Process the information sent by the entities:
- Creation of the users, the structures, interco rules;
- Creation of the conversion tables and structures of the import files;
- In a large group, it might be useful to set up a workshop with a selection of key users (3 key users or so) at the reporting units to test and adapt the user manual.
Create the documentation and schedule the end-user training sessions:
- Set up the training collateral and the user guide specific to your group;
- Set up specific training exercises;
- End-user training.
Real-life test using the data of an intermediate closing.
Analysis of the comments received from the subsidiaries so as to improve the process. Draft a FAQ to improve forthcoming closing. And, if required, update the training manual or instructions manual. Send a report to the subsidiaries and the management of the group.
Go Live !