Business case Auchan
Auchan Group: key information
- Sector: leading international retail group
- Founded in 1961
- Headquarters: France
- Present in 13 countries
- Consolidation software: Oracle HFM
- Number of employees: 330.700
- More information: groupe-auchan.com
The Auchan Group needs to reconcile a large volume (millions) of transactions per year. The use of different information systems within the group make it a complex process. The financial team of the group wanted to accelerate the intercompany reconciliation process while increasing quality and was looking for a reliable software to count on.
- Intercompany has been deployed in the group’s entities worldwide to handle the entire reconciliation process for its intra-group operations.
- Implementation of Intercompany enables the Auchan finance team to centralise data, facilitate its analysis, ensure the completeness and perfect consistency of reconciled intercompany balances with those of the consolidated accounts, increase information reliability, and accelerate dispute resolution.
- Via a specific report, the system also provides group auditors with full traceability for quick and easy auditing of all data.
Since the implementation of Intercompany in 2012, the group now uses the perfect software for an optimal intercompany reconciliation process, resulting in an optimal closing process on group level as well as on entity level.
Next to the quality of the information and its optimized traceability, also the productivity of the process has increased: with the implementation of the software, the time spent on reconciliation at every closing period is reduced from 2 persons for 2 weeks to 1 person for only 2 days (preparing the process).
Improved collaboration and more efficiency
Intercompany is based on a technology that is easy to use. This allowed the users of the software (about 100 end-users) to be quickly operational with the tool. Furthermore, the software enables to:
- Add comments or documents to justify a difference
- Observe the evolution of the intercompany reconciliation process in real-time and per entity
- Focus on the differences and facilitate their justification
Using Sigma Conso Intercompany enables to:
- Ensure the completeness and equality between the reconciled transactions and those in the consolidated accounts
- Automate the intercompany reconciliation process from the accounting systems to eliminations in HFM
- Deliver an audit trail and full traceability of the information