Business case Gameloft
- 2016 turnover: €257.2 million
- 39 companies consolidated and 30 currencies
- IFRS consolidation
- Majority shareholder since June 2016: Vivendi
- International group: present in Europe, Asia, the United States and Africa.
- For more information: www.gameloft.com
The benefits – in a few words
- Autonomy: the simple configuration of the application enables the creation of new accounts by business line users, the updating of parameters, and the addition of new reports based on needs.
- Time savings: the consolidation team gains a week at each close thanks to the many automatic functions provided by the application for:
- Data importing
- Running simulations
- Ergonomics: the application is quick to learn. The data input interface is simple and very effective and restitution reports are easy and quick to create.
- Fast Close: the ergonomics, performance and functionalities of Sigma Conso Consolidation & Reporting shorten closing times while ensuring high quality financial information.
Gameloft is a leader in games creation and publishing for mobile devices. The company has been one of the most innovative in its field since 2000. The Group designs games for all digital platforms and has a monthly audience of 140 million unique players. Gameloft is present on all continents, distributes its games in over 100 countries and has 6000 employees. Gameloft has been a Vivendi Group company since 2016.
Gameloft must perform a monthly close and quarterly consolidated IFRS reporting for Vivendi, the Group’s majority shareholder. The Group is international and manages many different currencies.
According to Corinne Beaulieu, Gameloft Accounting and Consolidation Director: “The Sigma Conso Consolidation & Reporting application is user-friendly: the tool’s logic is very clear and easy to understand. That makes the application easy to learn. Work flows and is very intuitive. The application is also very effective: consolidation processing is quick, as is the generation of the various reports.”
Subsidiary bundles are automatically imported into the consolidation and reporting software ensuring fast and secure processing.
Application deployment time was also short: after a week of training in November 2106, the first close was carried out autonomously in December.
- IFRS configuration was adapted to the needs of both Gameloft and Vivendi.
- An income statement per destination (by activity).
- The automation of conversion entries for reconciliation differences is very helpful and saves a great deal of time.
- The cash flow statement and tax proof are created in the application.
Corinne Beaulieu, Gameloft Accounting and Consolidation Director, adds:
“If I had to choose three qualifiers to describe Sigma Conso they would be “serious, competent and fast”. The project was implemented quickly and we were able to work autonomously with the application nearly immediately. The Consolidation & Reporting application is very effective and automates many functions, enabling us to save a great deal of time. They include automatic entry generation, tax proof presentation, etc. It’s perfectly suited to the consolidated reporting needs of international groups.”