Business case Kloosterboer
Kloosterboer: key information
- Activity sector: storage and transportation of temperature controller food products
- Financially strong and independent family business, starting in 1925
- 16 entities worldwide
- Storage capacity of more than 4.700.000 m3 and annual throughput capacity of more than 3.500.000 tonnes. This makes Kloosterboer one of the market leaders.
- Head office: IJmuiden
- 650 employees
- More than 45 entities in the consolidation, in 7 countries and multiple currencies
- More information: kloosterboer.com
The benefits – in a few words
- The client is fully autonomous thanks to the straightforward parameter settings and intuitive use of the tool. The tool is also able to evolve with the growth of the group.
- A more efficient and reliable consolidation process. The production of consolidated accounts is now easier, faster and of much better quality.
- Disclosure Management delivers quick Word and PowerPoint integration.
- Nice perspectives for the group thanks to the newest reporting functionalities and the BI-portal.
The group Kloosbeheer needs to produce monthly a group and multiple sub consolidations of more than 45 entities in 7 countries for legal and internal management reporting purposes.
The group was looking for a reliable and high-performance solution who could produce the statutory consolidation and monthly reporting of the group.
Jack van Lohuizen, CFO of Kloosterboer, explains: “We have completely underestimated the migration from Excel to Sigma Conso Consolidation & Reporting in terms of own efforts. However, by being constantly in contact with the same reliable consultant of Sigma Conso who knows the specific needs of our group very well, and his flexible attitude, we were able to respect our deadlines.
Moreover, the Sigma Conso Consolidation & Reporting tool fully responds to our needs and more, being
- Reliability: every month, we can produce our consolidated figures in an efficient and reliable way.
- Flexibility and autonomy: the application is very user-friendly and visually attractive. We are also able to add new entities to the consolidation perimeter on our own, in a very simple and fast way.
- Performance: the application offers a very high performance.”
Wolter Brama, Group Controller at Kloosterboer, adds:
“The migration from our consolidation in Excel to the automated solution of Sigma Conso has offered us many benefits. Our data is now more reliable, both at entity and group level, processes are more streamlined and we are better in control. Sigma Conso Consolidation & Reporting has made it possible for me to produce a monthly consolidation and elimination for balance sheet, P&L, cashflows, budgets and forecasts, and I now have a complete overview of the figures with all the necessary details, instead of one time a year at the closing period.”
Watch the video and discover how Sigma Conso helped Kloosterboer simplify their monthly group reporting: